For more information :
- Check our Diary Dates for upcoming events.
- Make a donation
- Become a member.
- Contact the friends.
- Listen to Park Friends podcasts.
The Friends of Black Hill and Morialta's purpose is to conserve, protect and restore our environment by:
- Organising and managing a group under the Friends of Parks scheme specifically focused on the interests of Morialta, Black Hill and Horsnell Gully Conservation Parks;
- Fostering a public interest in the conservation, protection and preservation of natural and heritage assets of Reserves;
- Working in partnership with the Department's staff to further the interests of the Reserves;
- Providing voluntary assistance to the Department;
- Planning and implementing projects intended to conserve and preserve natural and heritage assets in Reserves;
- Raising funds to resource activities designed to further the objectives of the association;
- Conducting research and field investigation to record natural assets, people and places including events of historical interest relevant to Reserves;
- Cooperating with persons or organisations having similar aims or like interests excluding support for registered political parties.
About the Parks
Backdrop to the Adelaide PlainsSpectacular scenery, conservation of natural lands, along with our indigenous flora and fauna, combine in Black Hill, Morialta and Horsnell Gully Conservation Parks. They also provide opportunities in an outdoor setting for recreation for park visitors. Together they form a major open space along the foothills that is the Adelaide Hills Face Zone.
Site last updated:
- 20 January 2019
* Diary Dates updated
- 1 March 2019
* Horsnell Gully Project page updated with 2018 report.
- 2 March 2019
* Montacute Valley Project page updated with 2018 report.
* Wildflower Garden Project page updated with 2018 report.
* Ghost Tree Gully Project page updated with 2018 report.
- March 2019
* Common bird page reformatted to improve mobile phone performance.
- 14 April 2019
* Black Hill bird page 5 Scientific name corrected.
* Horsnell Gully bird page 4 spelling error corrected.
- 29 April 2019
* Diary Dates updated
- 9 May 2019
* Scorion added to the Horsnell Gully species list.