Our Annual General Meeting has been postponed to 4 December due to the expected catastrophic fire risk on 20 November.
Our working bee at 4th creek scheduled for 20 November has been cancelled due to catastrophic fire risk
Morialta Falls June 2006.
For more information :
- Check our Diary Dates for upcoming events.
- Find out about our Free A Tree Initiative
- Make a donation
- Become a member.
- Contact the friends.
- Listen to Park Friends podcasts.
The Friends of Black Hill and Morialta's purpose is to conserve, protect and restore our environment by:
- Organising and managing a group under the Friends of Parks scheme specifically focused on the interests of Morialta, Black Hill and Horsnell Gully Conservation Parks;
- Fostering a public interest in the conservation, protection and preservation of natural and heritage assets of Reserves;
- Working in partnership with the Department's staff to further the interests of the Reserves;
- Providing voluntary assistance to the Department;
- Planning and implementing projects intended to conserve and preserve natural and heritage assets in Reserves;
- Raising funds to resource activities designed to further the objectives of the association;
- Conducting research and field investigation to record natural assets, people and places including events of historical interest relevant to Reserves;
- Cooperating with persons or organisations having similar aims or like interests excluding support for registered political parties.
About the Parks
Backdrop to the Adelaide PlainsSpectacular scenery, conservation of natural lands, along with our indigenous flora and fauna, combine in Black Hill, Morialta and Horsnell Gully Conservation Parks. They also provide opportunities in an outdoor setting for recreation for park visitors. Together they form a major open space along the foothills that is the Adelaide Hills Face Zone.
Site last updated:
- 8 July 2019
* Grey Currawong call updated on Black Hill animals page
* Grey Currawong call updated on Horsnell Gully animals page
* Grey Currawong call updated on Morialta animals page
- 11 August 2019
* Our Free A Tree fund raising campaign with Landcare Australia has ended
- 16 September 2019
* Black Hill Plant List new photo added.
- 17 October 2019
* Black Hill Plant List new photo added, and page format altered
- 18 October 2019
* Black Hill Weed List new photos added.
- 19 October 2019
* Morialta bird list reformatted to improve mobile access.
- 21 October 2019
* Diary Dates page updated.